SKI MOUNTAINEERING TOUR IN LYNGEN ALPS (SKI 01 EN)
Lyngen Alps - on the North of Norway, base Solvik
The area of Lyngen Alps - Norway
Tour length - 9 days (period of stay at the destination - 8 days)
The ideal time for a tour realization - March, April
The long descents in powdery snow, the way until to the ocean and beautiful views from the peaks to the surrounding fjords. All this offer ski mountaineering tours beyond the Arctic circle in the area aroung the Tromso. Together with great Norwegian specialties –prawns, codfish or moose steaks, better combination of mountains and gourmet experiences you wouldn't nowhere found.
Price per person: 35 000kč
- Pick up the group at the airport in Tromso
- All the transports in accordance with the program
- Accommodation in log cabins in Solvik, 7 nights
- Half board, breakfast and a hot dinner in the hotel
- 1 guide per group
Price does not include:
- The international airplane ticket to/from Tromso
- Health and travel insurance
- All services not mentioned in the programme
- Individual transports
- Rental equipment
- The cost of a rescue
- Drinks and food, which are not included in the price of group menu
Detailed itinerary of the trip:
- day - Arrival in Tromso. Crossing to the Lyngen area (Solvik), accommodation in a log cabin complex. After the dinner meeting regarding the safety principles of Ski Alpinism.
- day - Ski mountaineering in the area of Lyngen-descents are selected according to the abilities of the individual groups in varying difficulty and length. Rornestinden
- day - Ski mountaineering in the area of Lyngen-Sorbmegaisa
- day - Ski mountaineering in the area of Lyngen-Daltinden
- day - Ski mountaineering in the area of Lyngen-Kavringtinden
- day - Ski mountaineering in the area of Lyngen-Storgalten
- day - Ski mountaineering in the area of Lyngen-Sofiatinden
- day - departure to Tromso airport-departure to home
- Ski mountaineering equipment -shoes, skis, belts, canes, or split snowboard
- Ski mountaineering clothes or for climb with board
- Helmet, glasses
- ABS backpack, , avalanche search engines, probe, shovel- possibility to rent
- Personal pharmacy, insurance
Accommodation during the trip:
Accommodation in the log cabin complex about 8 km from the center of the Lyngen area. Log cabins are for 4-6 persons and are equipped with a kitchenette, storage for skis, shower and WC. The dining room is approx. 10m from the log cabins. There is free wi-fi, sauna.
Meal on trip:
Breakfast is always in the guesthouse it’s included in accommodation, buffet breakfast- there is enough meal as well for snack or for taking with you on trip.
Dinners are composed from soup, salad, main meal and dessert or fruit-huge portion, home cooking.
Water and tea are included in menu, rest of the drinks are paid by each participant.
Transport during the tour and transportation of luggage:
By plane: international flights to/from Tromso - are not included in the price of trip.
By car : Journey from the airport to base in Solvik and back, all transports to each climb in the region.
Ferry : Journey to another fjord shore to climb, where are peaks placed - are not included in the price of trip.
Lyngen Alps area is located approximately around 68 of the parallel, it means approx. 350 km. beyond the Arctic Circle, yet winters here are not so cold thanks to the Gulf stream. The contrary, brings plenty of rainfall, thanks which is here for the entire season, plenty of fresh snow (1,5-2, 5 m). Slopes are mostly covered by the rubble and stones, so the risk of avalanches is not so big as on the base as the grassy slopes. Climbs and descents take place on peaks with a height of between 1100-1600 meters. It begins with the majority almost from the sea and all the slopes, chosen by us are not covered by glacier. Therefore is not need the glacier equipment. On all the peaks you can climb on skis, no need to use an ice axe or crampons. In one day will take place always only one climb, and followed by downhill along or next to the climbings routes. The ideal time to undertake ski mountaineering in this area is the end of March and end of April = day is long enough,and there is enough of the snow in excellent quality. For descents and ascents, we have selected and many times tested about 15 peaks or the slopes, from which we choose the best always for the given day and current weather conditions. We know perfectly the whole area and the local weather!
- we provide the option of hire the ski mountaineering skis suitable for freeride skiing
- we provide the option of hire ABS bags, avalanche search engines, probes and shovels
- we arrange suitable insurance for this kind of sports activities (Alpenverein)